Best Business ISP
- Registration is now closed
- Fill in the written entry form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd July
For internet services providers offering broadband to businesses. Entrants must be an ISP that provides business-grade connectivity. While speeds are an important part of the category, it also takes account of overall service levels, packages, performance and more.
In addition to using thinkbroadband testing data, the judging will take account of publicly available data from Ofcom, trustpilot and other sources.
Questions for entrants:
- How does your business broadband service and packages offer good value?
- What investment and innovation have you made in your services over the last year?
- What range of FTTP services do you offer?
- What additional managed services do you provide?
- Which infrastructure and technology partners do you utilise?
- How has your customer base developed in the last 12 months?
- How do you support different kinds of businesses (eg SMEs vs large corporates)
- How do you ensure a resilient and reliable service for businesses?
- What contract options and flexibility do you offer business customers?
- What are the key features of your customer service and technical support?
Notes on technical testing
Testing will be web based and entrants will be sent details after the registration stage.
The web based testing should work on most browsers and platforms, including Android phones & tablets, iOS devices and Windows devices and does NOT require Flash or Java to be installed on the device. Entrants should be mindful that as more tests carried out, the better the evidence base is for determining the shortlisting. All entrants in the broadband categories will require a minimum of 50 tests per month from 25 or more locations between 1st April 2021 and 31st May 2021. The tester will measure the following:
- Average Downstream throughput
- Average Upstream throughput
- Quality of connection based on stability of speeds
The web-based tester is accessible through any browser and platform and will do a one-off test looking at the above criteria and send the report to thinkbroadband.