Best Consumer ISP with more than 100,000 customers
- Registration is now closed
- Fill in the written entry form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd July 2022
For providers offering residential superfast broadband services (30Mbps or above) with more than 100,000 customers. The category is aimed at services and providers broadly available. While speeds are an important part of the category, it also takes account of overall service levels, packages, availability, performance, customer service, and more.
The category is judged through a written entry form and thinkbroadband testing data. The judging will also take account of publicly available data from Ofcom, trustpilot and other sources.
Questions for entrants:
- How have you improved the overall quality and performance of your consumer broadband offering in the past 12 months?
- How has your customer base grown in the past 12 months?
- How have you managed customer service (please feel free to ref trustpilot or other data)
- What range of FTTP or gigabit capable services do you offer?
- Which infrastructure and technology partners do you utilise?
- What value-added services do you offer to your customers?
- How have you ensured you provide good value?
- How flexible are your contracts and terms of service?
- How do you ensure the safety and security of your customers’ online experience?
Notes on technical testing
- Testing will be web based and entrants will be sent details after the registration stage.
The web based testing should work on most browsers and platforms, including Android phones & tablets, iOS devices and Windows devices and does NOT require Flash or Java to be installed on the device. Entrants should be mindful that as more tests carried out, the better the evidence base is for determining the shortlisting. All entrants in the broadband categories will require a minimum of 50 tests per month from 25 or more locations between 1st April 2021 and 31st May 2021. The tester will measure the following:
- Average Downstream throughput
- Average Upstream throughput
- Quality of connection in terms of speed stability
The web based tester is accessible through any browser and platform and will do a one-off test looking at the above criteria and send the report to thinkbroadband.