For the best hosted service.
How to enter:
Entrants must offer hosting services to consumers or businesses.
The judging process is formed of two stages: a period technical testing to determine the shortlist and then a written entry form used by the judging panel to determine the winner.
Entrants are required to undergo a period of technical testing from 1st February to 31st March 2020. The technical testing (facilitated by thinkbroadband) involves uploading two test files (supplied by thinkbroadband) to servers for periodic downloading and uploading. The highest performing providers will be shortlisted and this data plus an entry form detailing their product, pricing, contracts etc will be used to determine a winner.
Entrants must also submit a written entry form based on the below judging criteria to determine a winner from the shortlisted finalists. The submissions deadline is 27th March 2020.
Technical testing will determine the shortlist and the judges will use the value-added form and technical testing to determine the winner. When completing the written entry form some things to consider are:
• Describe your most popular or innovative hosting service
• Cyber security protection
• Pricing and value for money
• Range of contract and package options
• Account management
• Cloud applications offered
• Uptime guarantees
• Data back-up services
• Domain/DNS management available
• Data centre availability/SLAs
• Energy efficiency and environmental impact
• Provides IPv6 Address
• Range of certifications
• Your carbon footprint offset
• Customer support and satisfaction
- In 50 WORDS why should you win this award?
- In what way does your hosting packages and services provide value for money?
- In what ways do you ensure the privacy and security of your customers' data?
- What innovations have you put in place in the last 12 months?
- How have you responded to customer demand and expectations in the past 12 months?
- How do your services offer choice and flexibility to customers?
- How do you mitigate the environmental impact of your hosting offering/how do you offset your carbon footprint?
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
Notes on technical testing:
Entrants will be required to host a binary file on a shared server from 1st February to 31st March 2020. The tester will periodically download the hosted binary test file to measure performance of the service. The same broadband services will be employed to test all the hosted services, with broadband from different providers employed to mitigate the impacts of differing peering arrangements. Specific measurements taken are as follows:
- Download speed