ISPA refreshes its look with new logo
ISPA is pleased to reveal its new refreshed logo. We have been using our new logo for over a month now and we hope that you like it. Our members were asked to change the logo on their websites, if you haven't done so and missed our email with the new image, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last chance to submit your choice for Internet Hero and Villain!
The nominations for the ISPA Internet Hero and Villain is closing on Monday 5th June. Nominations can be submitted to ISPA via email (email@example.com) or via twitter (@ISPAUK) using the hashtags #InternetHero and #InternetVillain. We can’t wait to see your picks!
Raise your company profile in front of 300 industry leaders
The ISPAs are the leading internet industry Awards and the largest gathering of ISPs and providers of VoIP, hosting and cloud services in the UK. Sponsoring the ISPAs is a great way to:
• Promote your company to scores of service providers
• Network with hundreds of senior decision makers
• Gain high profile brand exposure
• Advertise to your target audience before, during and after the ceremony
• Entertain clients and reward staff
• Generate PR opportunities and new business leads
• Benefit from promotional benefits, including newsletter editorial and press releases
For full information, please click HERE or call the awards team on 020 3397 3304 to discuss how your company could benefit from the awards.
Tickets selling fast, book your places at the Awards now!
There are only a limited number of tickets for the 19th ISPA Awards ceremony, taking place in Café de Paris in London on Thursday 13th July. To secure your place, please book your tickets now through Eventbrite here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Tickets to this black tie event include a welcome drinks reception, three course meal and drinks during the dinner, keynote speech from the CEO of the National Cyber Security Centre Ciaran Martin, stand up comedian host, gala ceremony and DJ set until the early hours. We are offering a discounted rates for ISPA Members and ISPA Awards 2017 Nominees. A further savings are available if purchased as a table for 12 or half a table.
A record number of shortlisted companies
Millions of technical tests were performed and thousands of words poured over in order to reach the fifty companies nominated across fifteen categories. The finalists for the 2017 annual ISPA awards can be viewed here.
A busy and active month for Internet policy
Despite the dissolution of Parliament and General Election campaigning, ISPA has been hard at work on a number of policy priorities:
- The Broadband Working Group responded to the Ofcom consultation on automatic compensation
- We submitted members’ views to the Ofcom call for input on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- We have been working with members over the Digital Economy Act implementation, including Age Verification Guidance
- The ISPA Cyber Security Working Group met to take forward ISPA's cyber security priorities
- We have also been analysing the political party manifestos for their views on tech – broadband commitments feature heavily as do actions to make online world safer and more secure, including a digital charter from the Conservatives
Members are encouraged to get involved in these and other areas. Email email@example.com to find out further information.
Data Compliance Workshop
ISPA Data Compliance Workshop: Breach Notification, Privacy and the GDPR -21st June, 2.30pm-5pm, Kemp Little LLP, London
An exclusive ISPA Members Compliance Workshop, jointly hosted with Kemp Little and the ICO.
At the ISPA Compliance Workshop, ISPA Members will have the opportunity to hear from and discuss with:
- Experts from Kemp Little and the ICO who will outline the current upcoming data protection landscape
- The ICO’s auditing team who will provide advice on how providers can best comply with PECR requirements and what providers can expect if they are audited by the ICO.
- Industry experts who will give a firsthand account of how providers can best ensure that they are ready for data protection compliance.
ISPA members who wish to attend can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date for the Annual ISPA Conference
Save the date for the annual ISPA Conference, a key event for members and ISP community, kindly being hosted at the BT Tower on 8th November. If you wish to get involved and help shape the agenda or sponsor please contact the ISPA team at email@example.com or 020 3397 3304.
ISPA in the Press
In the last month ISPA has provided comments to the BBC news on the Investigatory Powers Act, The Register and uSwitch on the Broadband Advertising Standards and were featured in the articles on MacRumours, uSwitch, Hampshire Chronicle and Telappliant blog.
Wave Internet joined ISPA
Wave Internet are passionate about supplying reliable internet connectivity to their customers - specialising in reaching the areas left behind by other providers.
Learn more about joining here.
ISPA is a media partner of Connected Britain 2017. Taking place on 14th and 15th June at Grange St.Paul's hotel in London, the agenda reads as a who's who of experts from the operator community, government and beyond. Through a series of thought provoking keynote speeches, panel discussions and roundtables, the telecoms community will come away with new ideas, opinions and relationships they need to build high-speed connectivity for Britain's future.
The full details of our partner events are here