ISPA Marketplace - 13th September
Join ISPA on Wednesday 13th September, 12.00-13.00 for the next instalment of our ISPA Marketplace webinar series - which shines a light on the products and services available to help ISPs thrive in an increasingly competitive UK market.
This year the event is heading North, taking place at the TalkTalk Head Offices in Salford (accessible by tram from Manchester Piccadilly) and will welcome members from across the UK to join for an afternoon of interesting discussions and networking over refreshments provided.
The event will focus on 'Overcoming the obstacles to ensure gigabit broadband is delivered to all citizens' and will feature:
Keynote Speaker: Simon Fell MP, Rural Connectivity Champion
Panel Session: Barriers to take up - how can industry challenge them?
In this panel session, ISPA will bring together key industry leaders and government representatives to establish what the key factors are prohibiting take-up of gigabit broadband and what can be done to overcome these current barriers - covering awareness, emerging technologies, broader industry messaging strategies and government incentives.
Panel Session: What should be the role of industry in a cost of living crisis?
This panel will have an in-depth discussion about the role of industry given the current macroeconomic environment. With providers exploring different ways of providing support to those most affected by the current crisis, the panel will explore what the role of industry should be, the messaging around the work we undertake to tackle the issue and whether there is enough support from government.
We are seeking nominations from the members of the public by 6th October. To submit your nominations, please submit the name of the individual/ organisation with your reasons why to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on social media using the hashtag #internethero
Do you know an organisation, or an individual, who has gone above and beyond to contribute to the UK’s connectivity and huge increase in the deployment of gigabit capable fibre? Or someone who has worked tirelessly to ensure the safety and security of end users? With the cost of living front and centre, has a campaign or group helped overcome the digital inclusion challenge? The award is an excellent opportunity to celebrate those who have dedicated themselves to the digital and connective improvement of the UK. Last year's winner was the Digital Poverty Alliance.
The 2023 Internet Hero will be announced on the 9th of November alongside the other winners on the night at the historic Old War Offices on Whitehall - now the Raffles London at the OWO hotel. We are offering Early Bird tickets until 8th September, we encourage you to book yours now through Eventbrite HERE.
In addition, ISPA is still on the hunt for nominations for their 25th Anniversary Award, celebrating an industry titan that has dedicated their career to enhancing connectivity across the UK. If you have an opinion on a worthy winner for ISPAs most coveted award in its 25 year history, then please send your nomination through to email@example.com.
Consultations, Consultations, Consultations
The ISPA policy team has been working hard over the month of August to respond to a number of Government consultations, including:
- Private telecoms networks call for information - DSIT is seeking views on uses and security of Private Telecommunications Networks within the UK. Closing on 13th September.
- PSTI Act consultation - DSIT seeking views on proposed regulations under the PSTI Act. Closing on 4th September.
- Domain Name misuse consultation - DSIT were seeking views on proposed requirements for UK-related domain name registries when tackling domain name abuse. This consultation closed on 31st August.
- Growth Duty consultation - DBT were seeking views on whether to extend the growth duty to the economic regulators (Ofcom, Ofgem, and Ofwat). This consultation closed on 24th August.
- One Touch Switch pricing regime - TOTSCo requested feedback on the proposed pricing regime for OTS. This consultation closed on 11th August.
As Parliament returned on Monday - with a Westminster Hall Debate on access to broadband services in the Commons, the Online Safety Bill in the House of Lords on Wednesday - the team is gearing up for its return, ahead of Party conference season later in the Autumn.
Adtran expands ALM with deep PON assurance for FTTX network monitoring
provides deep PON assurance, enabling communication service providers (CSPs) to monitor their entire PON infrastructure for any faults or degradation.
Until today, assuring PON networks was challenging and expensive. Now there’s a simple and cost-efficient way to leverage real-time insight so that maintenance teams can quickly locate and resolve issues before they affect customers.
PON networks are critical for the delivery of high-speed connectivity to millions of homes and businesses.The ability to comprehensively monitor this essential part of the network will deliver major benefits in terms of performance, reliability and sustainability.
The LSBUD app is live!
Please head over to your app store and search ‘LSBUD’ to download an updated mobile version of our service! Featuring a user-friendly look, geolocation and more.
Linksys launches its Velop Pro 6E
Additional Features and Benefits
● Improved setup – With a quick and easy process, users can set up 3 nodes in under 10 minutes.
● Security – Protect your devices with automatic security updates, a separate guest network, and other advanced features through the app.
● Fortinet DNS Filtering – Powered by Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs threat research team, the FortiGuard DNS Filtering Service guards against user connections to malicious or inappropriate websites and content.
● Stable, blazing-fast coverage – Qualcomm® Immersive Home 316 Platform blends innovative mesh capabilities with advanced WiFi 6E features.
● New form factor – Latest droplet design brings improved thermal management, coverage, and performance in a more compact footprint.
● Revised packaging – New recyclable packaging made from 65% recycled material.
● Improved mesh technology – Providing users a simple self-optimized capability for collaboration, streaming, gaming, or large gatherings with multiple devices. The network is automatically monitored regularly to ensure a quality experience.
DrayTek’s focus on DSL and Ethernet WAN products
Product range includes DSL (167, 27 & 28 series of Vigor Routers, Ethernet (2927, 3910 & 2962), devices that are dependable and future-ready networking solutions.
ISPA in the Press
ISPA offers its members a variety of discounts for events that we partner with:
Connected Britain - 20th and 21st September, EXCEL London
Working From Home Live is back for 2023, returning to the ExCeL in London on the 22nd & 23rd of November!
IoT Tech Expo - 30th November - 1st December, Olympia, London
ISPA Partners 2023
Become an ISPA PartnerISPA Partnership offers organisations the opportunity to connect, develop relationships and grow their visibility with our 150+ ISP member community.
The packages run over a 12 month period and include 4 in-person events (including our prestigious ISPA Awards), online thought leadership, marketing opportunities and various other deliverables that ensures your organisation grows its connections in the UK ISP sector.
To enquire about an ISPA partnership, please message ISPAs Head of Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISPA Awards sponsorship
Would you like to support the ISPA Awards 2023 and promote your company on the biggest industry stage? Get in touch!