- This event has passed.
ISPA Broadband Demand workshop in Manchester
9th October 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
ISPA Seminar at the Manchester Science Park will focus on superfast broadband demand stimulation. This free workshop is being held in conjunction with Metronet(UK) and BDUK, who will be presenting different strategies for stimulating demand.
This is relevant for any providers looking to resell the new infrastructure, or have views on how to educate customers on the benefits of superfast. We will also be running a panel on network/traffic management and the issues around this, and the workshop also includes a networking lunch and drinks reception at the end.
13:00 - 13:50 Registration and networking lunch
13:50 - 14:00 Welcome and introductions
14:.00 - 14:30 Superfast Britain (BDUK) -driving take-up of superfast broadband
Speaker: Natasha Innocent, BDUK.
- Progress in rolling out the superfast broadband programme
- What broadband projects are doing to promote take-up
- What more could ISPs do to escalate take-up?
14.30 - 14.40 Lessons learned from promoting connection vouchers in Manchester
Speaker: Kate Rennicks, ISPA Council & Metronet(UK)
- Promoting the benefits/ tailored messages
- Working with trusted intermediaries (i.e. landlords)
- Engaging existing customers
- What could superfast broadband programmes learn from super connected cities about role of suppliers in driving take-up?
14:40 - 15:10 Q&A with Chris Taylor, Projector Director, Shropshire CC, Natasha Innocent, BDUK, Guy Redmill, Director, RedMill Communications and ISPA
15:10 - 15:25 Broadband network management
Speaker: Simon Altman, Allot Communications
15:30 Networking and drinks reception
A range of local authorities have already agreed to attend.
- Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes
- Devon and Somerset
- Herefordshire and Gloucestershire
- North and North East Lincolnshire
- North Yorkshire
Welsh Government, representing all local authorities in Wales
Please email email@example.com to register.