ISP Business Summit Series
Over the last 4 years, ISPA has been increasingly looking to expand on our core policy focus through a series of business focused events exploring how to deliver for customers, improve efficiencies and reduce costs. The ISP Business Model Series allows our members to:
- Share best practice on their key business challenges
- Network with their peers and exchange ideas
- Hear from our selection of partners about the latest innovations and services in the industry
ISP BUSINESS SUMMIT 2023
8th June 2023, 9am-6pm
DLA Piper, London
ISPA’s annual full-day industry focused conference, the ISP Business Summit, welcomed over 150 representatives from across industry, government, academia, and civil society to listen in and participate in an essential event at a critical time for our industry.
Hosted at the offices of DLA Piper in London, the event included four in-depth panel discussions, several partner presentations and many insightful conversations throughout the day, creating a dynamic debate about the future of our sector.
While the discussions were diverse, covering a range of topics from network technology to government support, at the heart of these conversations were two key areas of focus; take-up and consolidation. Among the attendees, there was an air of positivity around both focal points, however there was also a general consensus that industry must tackle the current market challenges head-on to ensure the successful adoption of the critical infrastructure built (gigabit fibre) and develop a thriving and sustainable private sector.
The summit was kindly supported by all ISPA partners: Adran, Altnets UK, CityFibre, EPS Global, Linksys, LSBUD, Openreach, Plume, PelicanCorp, RouteThis, TP-Link Viavi solutions, Zinier and Netgem.
The impact of the changing UK broadband market: Rollout, Consolidation & Growth
8th June 2022, 10am-5pm
DLA Piper, London
After two years holding webinars, we were very pleased to host our in-person ISP Business Model Summit on 8 June 2022 in London at the office of DLA Piper.
With hundreds of different altnets attracting massive investment and racing to roll-out their own FTTP services in the UK, the broadband market is more vibrant than ever and hopefully on track to reach nationwide gigabit-capable coverage by 2030. We discussed the impact of this maturing market through the following key four themes:
- Consolidation: What does it mean for the market and how to prepare for it?
- Innovation: How to leverage innovation and meet today's customers’ expectations?
- Deployment: What more can be done to build efficiently in urban and rural areas?
- Protection: How to mitigate the growing cyber, network quality and asset damage related risks?
- Gareth Williams, CEO, Gigaclear
- Dana Tobak, Founder and MD, Hyperoptic
- Albert Farag, Managing Director, Linksys Europe
- Fionn Wardrop, Business Development Manager, LSBUD
- Shan Eisenberg, CCO, Netgem TV & WiFi
- Tom Ronan, Director of Regional Product Management, Viavi Solution
- Steve Leighton, CEO, Voneus & ISPA Council member – Event chair
- Matthew Hare, Founder and Chief Executive, Zzoomm
Bhartendu Chaurasia, Head of Telecom Infra Project Technology EMEA, Meta/ Facebook
Mark Downey, Head of Sales EMEA, EPS Global
The summit was kindly supported by all ISPA partners: Adran, CityFibre, Corero, EPS Global, Linksys, LSBUD, Netgem TV &WiFi, Openreach, Plume, TP-Link and Viavi solutions.
Capitalising on the FTTH opportunity
13 October 2022
The Future of Wholesale and Retail ISP Models
20 October 2021
Find the slides from the session here.