Summary of role:
This role will focus around leading business development initiatives for the Internet Services Providers’ Association, a leading Internet industry trade association, with a focus on raising the profile of the organisation to both its current membership, potential new members and sponsors as well as its wider stakeholder audience. There will be also opportunities for the right candidate to use their skillset to develop the role further.
We are looking for a self-starter with a minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in sales or a relevant role working within trade associations and membership organisations. Any experience or interest in the Internet and telecommunications industry, as well as the wider tech sector, would be desirable.
Working for: The Internet Services Providers’ Association
The Internet Services Providers' Association (ISPA UK) is the UK's Trade Association for providers of Internet services. ISPA brings together the UK internet industry to provide essential support through innovation, knowledge and experience in order to benefit the UK economy and society. We have over 150 members from across the sector, ranging from multinational household names serving the consumer market to large B2B service providers to smaller and niche providers. Founded in 1995, our main activity is representing industry to government, parliament and the media and helping drive standards within the industry. ISPA is working with its members on some of the key issues affecting the industry and the country, including broadband rollout, cyber security, online safety and the development of the digital economy. Government and political representatives often approach ISPA for its knowledge and expertise. As well as representing members in Westminster and Whitehall, ISPA runs an active events programme for its members, that includes a set piece awards ceremony, an annual conference, networking events and workshops. We are governed by a board of directors, which is comprised of senior industry representatives, and conduct work with our members through regular working groups.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our friendly London team, based in the City. The candidate will be expected to be involved on various activities including the development of sponsorship opportunities, leading on membership engagement and recruitment as well contributing to the organisation’s events programme. This outward-looking and client-facing role will be an integral part of the small team that run this specific client and offers the right candidate the opportunity to become extremely well known within the relevant organisation, with significant facetime with members and senior industry representatives.
As the role develops, we would expect there to be opportunities to also work on other opportunities associated with the running of the association. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, well-organised, with first-rate communication skills. Key areas of responsibility for the primary role will include:
- Implementing a sponsorship strategy around specific keynote events for the trade association client
- Actively recruiting new members for the trade association client
- Developing strong relations with existing members to aid retention
- Helping to coordinate (with the team members) the important trade association flagship events programme
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ sales and/or business development experience. Likewise, experience working for trade associations or membership organisations would also be of interest
- Proven sales/sponsorship generation skills with an effective track record of delivering in previous roles
- Experience or interest within the Internet or technology industry is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work independently and proactively but also as part of a team
- A good communicator and strong networker
- Strong organisational skills with a solid work ethic and the self-motivation to make the role their own
- Competence in using various sales channels (CRM tools, LinkedIn, email campaign tools, cold calling, networking events etc.)
- Knowledge and an interest in current affairs is again desirable but not essential
Closing date for applications: January 5th. We may appoint before the closing date and interviews will be held ongoing throughout the process so we encourage applications before the deadline. The intention would be a start date in January 2018.
Contact: Please send a two page CV and a one page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org