For the best rural ISP (technology neutral)
- County Broadband
- Wessex Internet
Entrants must be an ISP that is providing broadband to rural / hard to reach areas. The category is technology neutral.
While speeds are an important part of the category, it also takes account of overall service levels, packages, availability, performance, customer service, community engagement and more.
Thinkbroadband testing data will be used to determine the shortlist for the category. The data will inform the judging which will also take into account publicly available data from other sources such as Ofcom and trustpilot where possible. Technical testing will take place between 1st May and 30th June.
Questions for entrants:
- Describe how your service provides connectivity in a rural area?
- Current size of footprint (number of premises) and growth plans
- What challenges have you had to overcome in connecting rural communities?
- What difference has your service made to the local area?
- What partnerships have you undertaken with local organisations?
- What value-added services do you offer your customers?
- How flexible are your contracts and terms of service?
- What range of FTTP services do you offer to your customers?
- Which infrastructure and technology partners do you use?
Notes on testing
Providers will be expected to ensure that thinkbroadband is able to identify their customers, e.g. provide details of IPv4 and IPv6 blocks that customers use and when a provider claims to have IPv6 support we do expect to see customers connecting via IPv6.
The tester used is embedded on this page https://st.thinkbroadband.com/
Results are also included from the full range of testers that thinkbroadband supplies to third parties too.
Embedding the speed test is accomplished by wrapping it up in an iFrame, some code and a copy of the tester embedded using this code is shown below:
If the dark styling is too contrasting to the rest of your webpage, you can change the iFrame link to be //labs.thinkbroadband.com/ispa/?site=omegajdsfjieDFD3 which uses a transparent background.